This playlist from the University of Hawai’i’s Maui College covers a basic intro to pharmacology skip to videos 3-5 to get right into it.
There are few, if any, free online pharmacology textbooks. Here are some top recommendations for textbooks to purchase.
- Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Pharmacology 6th edition ($50)
- Bertram Katzung’s Basic And Clinical Pharmacology 13th edition ($55)
- Rang And Dale’s Pharmacology, 8th edition ($30)
- Clinical Pharmacology Made Ridiculously Simple, 4th Edition ($25)
- The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy 2017, 47th Pocket Edition ($25)
- Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2017 Classic Shirt-Pocket, 31st Edition ($20)
The Army Learning Management System (ALMS) has an entire pharmacology subcourse series. These can be taken by signing up for the SOCM Prep Course, the 18D Prep Course, and the 18D Sustainment Course through the ATRRS Self-Development Center (CAC Required).
- MD0804 Therapeutics I (14 hours)
- MD0805 Therapeutics II (14 hours)
- MD0806 Therapeutics III (14 hours)
- MD0807 Therapeutics IV (14 hours)
- MD0808 Therapeutics V (7 hours)
Special Operations Combat Medic Pharmacology List – SOCM Handout PDF
How to make fake vial labels to practice pharmacology and incorporate it into your trauma training: Prolonged Field Care Article
This site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.